Like you, we care about sustainability and want to do our best to live an ecofriendly life. But, sometimes it is difficult to know what to do. Rules vary from city to city, and the internet is full of misinformation.
What if it doesn’t have to be so confusing? It is as simple as making a few adjustments to your service and handling packaging in a mindful way.
In this article, we will teach you how you can have more sustainable water delivery. If you implement any or all these tips, you will be contributing to the health of our green city and blue lake.
- Dont use your 5-gallon water bottles for anything other than water. We reuse 5-gallon water bottles dozens of times and recycle them at the end of their life. For this to happen, they must remain contaminant free.
- Leave the caps on 5-gallon water bottles for recycling at our facility.
- Recycle one and 2.5-gallon bottles curbside.
- Recycle all glass bottles (except for 5-gallon returnable options) curbside with the caps on tightly.
- Breakdown all cardboard packaging and recycle curbside.
- Recycle 20oz and 16.9oz water bottles with the cap on tightly. Please take the shrink wrap packaging to a grocery store with plastic bag recycling bins. This service is available at Heinens, Giant Eagle, Drug Mart, and Target.
- Choose a monthly delivery schedule rather than bi-weekly service to reduce fuel consumption.
- Choose to rent a refurbished water cooler rather than buy a new one.
- Use a refillable water bottle rather than disposable options.
- Opt for paperless billing (get a $2.00 statement credit!)
- Enroll in our bill pay program. (get a $5.00 statement credit!)
Follow these practices and you can enjoy safe, fresh-tasting water with a reduced carbon footprint!