At the writing of this article, we are eight days from Christmas and knee-deep in cookies and eggnog. Like you, we are tempted by these treats and indulge more than we should.
We care about your health during the holidays and the rest of the year! Whether you want to avoid temptation or to recover after the holidays, detox waters can help.
Apple Cinnamon detox water is recommended by Dr. Oz and commonly used for weight loss. In this article, we will teach you how to make a batch in three easy steps!
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Detox Water
Makes 1 Liter
- 1 liter of ice-cold water
- 1 apple
- 1 cinnamon stick OR 3 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Slice the apple and be sure to remove any stems or seeds.
- In a pitcher, place the apple, cinnamon stick, and water.
- Allow to sit for a couple of hours or overnight in the fridge, for the best flavor.
Tip: If you don’t have cinnamon sticks, you can use a cheesecloth or something similar to strain the water through the cinnamon. Adding just straight powdered cinnamon without straining will make large clumps in your water.
Also, try adding ginger for even more flavor!
Benefits of Apple Cinnamon Water
Apple Cinnamon water is thought to improve metabolism and difficult belly fat. Plus, there is a myriad of other positive side effects, including:
- Increased energy levels
- Good source of antioxidants and flavonoids
- May reduce pain associated with menstrual cramps
- Can help lower blood sugar levels
- May reduce the risk of heart disease
- May help reduce cholesterol
How many calories are in Apple Cinnamon Water?
We found contradictory information regarding this question. According to The Skinny Fork, there are 57 calories in a three-cup serving. But, Fitness Pal reports zero calories. Either way, there are much, much fewer calories than any soda or sports drink!
P.S. Try it with hot water for a tasty tea!