Drinking enough water can be hard, especially if you do not like the taste. This is why some turn to soda or sugary sports drinks.
But, there is a better alternative.
Fruit infused detox water can help you increase your water intake, and it has a pleasant taste. In today’s article, we will teach you how to make Grapefruit Infused detox water in just a few easy steps!
Makes 2 Liters
- 2 liters ice-cold water
- 1 large grapefruit
- 1 large cucumber
- Peel and slice the grapefruit, making sure to remove as much of the white flesh as possible. Be careful to not lose too much of the juice when slicing.
- Slice your cucumber (peel it if desired). Thinner pieces (not too thin) will ensure more flavor seeps into the water.
- Place the cucumber and grapefruit in a pitcher.
- Set the pitcher in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight then remove the grapefruit and cucumber or add it to your glass.
Note: Leaving fruit and vegetables in water too long has unsavory results.
You now have a refreshing drink with slight hints of fruit flavor to sip throughout the day. In addition to proper hydration, you will reap the rewards of cucumber and grapefruit. Healthline does an excellent job teaching us about the benefits of cucumber in this article. You can also learn 10-Science Based Benefits of Grapefruit in this blog post.
Keep in mind you are not limited to our flavor suggestions, get creative! If you would like some inspiration here are some additional grapefruit detox water ideas:
- Grapefruit cucumber lemon
- Grapefruit cucumber lemon mint
- Grapefruit orange cucumber
Cheers, to your health!
You may also like: