Like you, we battle cough and sore throat every winter. It is no fun, and we try everything to feel better.
One thing that helps with treating and preventing colds is lemon, ginger, and honey water. The ingredients in this detox water combine to attack all the worst symptoms.
In this article, we will teach you how to make lemon, ginger, honey water in a few easy steps. We will also tell you why you should be drinking this infused water every morning!
Lemon Ginger Honey Water Recipe
Makes 2 Liters
- 2 liters water
- 1-inch pieces of fresh ginger
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Slice lemon (peel if desired), set aside.
- Peel ginger, set aside.
- Warm about 8 ounces of your in the microwave for one minute.
- Add honey to hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Place all ingredients, including honey water in a large pitcher.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
Try adding: lime, cinnamon, turmeric or garlic
Tip: use hot water for a soothing tea!
Is Lemon Ginger Honey Water Good for Cough and Sore Throat?
Lemon, ginger, and honey are a powerful combination in fighting cough and sore throat. Ginger may help reduce the inflammation that causes dry coughs. Honey will soothe a sore throat. Lemon can ease congestion. Plus, this all-natural trio can reduce the pain and nausea associated with the flu!
Can I Drink Lemon Ginger Honey Water at Night?
Yes, and it is a great idea to stay hydrated through the night and detoxify while you sleep. But, make sure you rinse your mouth with plain water before going to bed to rid the acidic lemon from your teeth. To avoid this risk to your tooth enamel and midnight trips to the bathroom, we recommend that you drink lemon, ginger, honey water in the morning.
Does Lemon Ginger Honey Water Help With Weight Loss?
According to healthline.com, “lemon may act as an appetite suppressant.” The detox water will help you stay properly hydrated, which will further reduce your hunger and increase metabolism. We love the addition of honey for a bit of sweetness without massive calories like soda and sports drinks.
Lemon Ginger Honey Water Health Benefits
- Reduce kidney damage
- Reduce the risk and effects of diabetes
- Increased brain health
- May help prevent infections
- Improved appearance of skin
- Vitamin C boost
- Good source of antioxidants
- May help lower blood pressure
- May help reduce joint pain
More detox waters to try: