My obsession with homemade tea continues with a delicious apple cinnamon treat! This hot (pun intended) little number comes together in a breeze with the use of an instant hot water spigot, a convenience that I can no longer live without. Making homemade teas is my favorite way to get through our harsh winters; sipping them throughout the day warms a body from the inside out.
I have enjoyed my rosemary and lemon-ginger teas for some time now but, wanted something just a little sweeter. Hence, apple cinnamon tea was born and it is so easy to make!
You will need:
- 3-4 pieces of diced apple, including the peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla
- Start by adding your apple pieces and/ or peels to a large mug along with the cinnamon stick and vanilla.
- Fill your mug with hot water.
- Let steep for about 7 minutes.
- Strain the solid ingredient (or drink around them like I do).
I guarantee this simple tea will be a welcomed warm up as we face the realities of our cold season. There is no caffeine but, if you are in need of a fix, just add a black tea bag to the hot water. The addition seems to take the flavor up quite a few notches. Add a dash of milk and you have yourself an apple cinnamon tea latte!
You may also like: