Avoid Using Hard Pool Water
Want to start a great debate? Ask several pool professionals how often you should change your pool water. You are bound to get a different answer from each and every one of them! But, there are a few things that they will agree on:
- Maintenance is key when it comes to the quality of your pool water. Well maintained pool water can last up to 5, maybe even 7 years before you need to replace it. This means weekly cleaning, good filters and checking ph levels every day.
- Usage is a huge determining factor. Public pools change their water on a regular basis due to their high volume of swimmers but, your back yard oasis does not need to be treated the same.
- High-quality water is essential to the health of swimmers. Pools with unbalanced, old or untreated water can contain algae, ecoli and/ or bacteria.
- Hard water is more difficult to maintain. If you can avoid using hard water in your pool it will greatly extend the life and save you time by reducing maintenance headaches. If you’re using hard pool water consider a pool filling service.
There are a variety of reasons that your pool water may need to be replaced including:
- Extreme amounts of algae. If the algae in your pool gets so bad that a chlorine shock doesn’t work, replace the water immediately. This can be a very dangerous environment for your and your family.
- Repairs. Replacing your pool water is unavoidable when it comes time to do liner repairs, masonry work, etc.
- If the TDS level of your pool water reaches 1400 or more, you should consider replacing the water. This level is too high to treat with most chemicals and can be difficult to reduce and reclaim a balanced level. You may need a fresh start.
*You should, of course, contact a professional in the pool business for further advice.
Owning a pool can offer your family an incredible experience but, if it is not properly maintained or you’re using hard pool water, that experience will turn into a disaster. Follow these guidelines and you should be happily splashing away the dog days of summer!
Do you have hard pool water or water that is simply old and needs to be replaced? Use Distillata’s bulk water delivery service!
You may also like: