Yes, it counts!
Sparkling water may be looked at as a cop out or a way to cheat the system when it comes to your daily water intake but, I beg to differ. Water is water (a few bubbles or not) sparkling water definitely counts when tracking your h20 intake.
Sparkling water is a perfect solution to those who need a little more life in their beverages. There is just something about fizz that satisfies the part of you screaming out for soda. Tell it no and enjoy a sparkling water instead, even better add a little all natural flavor!
Making all natural sparkling water at home is a piece of cake. All you need is a good quality sparkling water such as Mountain Valley Spring Water. I love this one because it comes in a glass bottle leaving your water extra cold and refreshing. Add a little fruit, honey and lemon and viola, you have a delicious all natural flavored sparkling water!
My favorite variety is a little number I like to call peaches ‘n cream.
You will need:
- 1 Mountain Valley Spring sparkling water
- 1 peach
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla
– Start by peeling and chopping your peach into medium size pieces.
– Next, muddling the peach. Muddling is nothing other than a fancy term for squishing it. Place the peeled and chopped peach in a jar or bowl and smoosh it with a wooden spoon, releasing all of the delicious juices.
– Add the lemon juice and vanilla.
– Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
– In the morning, strain the mixture removing all solids.
– Add the remaining juice to your chilled sparkling water.
You now have a refreshing all natural flavored sparkling water that will leave you satisfied and one step closer to your water consumption goals. I particularly like this combination because the taste is reminiscent of cream soda. Others that I have enjoyed are:
- Apple Cinnamon
- Strawberry Basil
- Blueberry Lemon
- Ginger Lemon
Be creative…the sky is the limit when it comes to flavor choices.
You may also like: