Yes, it counts!
Sparkling water may be looked at as a cop-out or a way to cheat the system when it comes to your daily water intake but, I beg to differ. Water is water (a few bubbles or not). Sparkling water definitely counts when tracking your H2O intake.
Sparkling water is a perfect solution to those who need a little more life in their beverages. There is just something about fizz that satisfies the part of you screaming out for a soda. Tell it no and enjoy sparkling water instead, even better add a little all-natural flavor!
Making all-natural sparkling water at home is a piece of cake. All you need is a good quality sparkling water such as Mountain Valley Spring Water. I love this one because it comes in a glass bottle leaving your water extra cold and refreshing. Add a little fruit, honey, and lemon and voila, you have a delicious all-natural flavored sparkling water!
My favorite variety is a little number I like to call peaches ‘n cream.
- 1 Mountain Valley Spring sparkling water
- 1 peach
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla
- Start by peeling and chopping your peach into medium size pieces.
- Next, muddling the peach. Muddling is nothing other than a fancy term for squishing it. Place the peeled and chopped peach in a jar or bowl and smoosh it with a wooden spoon, releasing all of the delicious juices.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, strain the mixture removing all solids.
- Add the remaining juice to your chilled sparkling water.
- You now have a refreshing all-natural flavored sparkling water that will leave you satisfied and one step closer to your water consumption goals.
I particularly like this combination because the taste is reminiscent of cream soda. Others that I have enjoyed are:
- Apple Cinnamon
- Strawberry Basil
- Blueberry Lemon
- Ginger Lemon
Be creative…the sky is the limit when it comes to flavor choices.
You may also like: