Oh no, the spigot broke off your water cooler. Don’t worry, it’s easy to fix yourself. You can replace this part in just a few minutes with these easy-to-follow steps.
Watch this video to see how to replace a water dispenser faucet.
- If you have a hot and cold water cooler turn off the hot tank using the switch on the back of the unit.
- Unplug your water cooler
- Remove the water bottle from your dispenser.
- Drain the remaining water out through the spigots.
- Slowly unscrew the coupling on the broken lever and remove it.
- Replace with the new lever and tighten.
- Pour about 1-gallon of tap water into the reservoir
- Hold down both spigots to flush the system
- Load the 5-gallon bottle on top of the water cooler
- Drain 2-3 cups of water out of the red spigot (if you have one) to prime the hot tank
- You can now plug in the water cooler
- Turn on the hot tank using the switch on the back of the cooler
- You will have hot and cold water in about five minutes!