Workplace wellness plans are growing in popularity and for good reason. Aiding your employees in their endeavor to become healthier is a clear win/ win. Offering a workplace wellness program comes with many benefits for both you and your team including:
- Happier and healthier employees.
- An edge over the competition.
- Reduced healthcare costs.
But, perhaps the most profound benefit of implementing a workplace wellness program is the drastic reduction in sick time. Reduced sick time will result in:
- An increase in moral.
- An increase in productivity.
- The customer experience will be enhanced.
- Downtime will be decreased.
Simply put, if your people are healthy, your business will be too. The good news is workplace wellness programs are incredibly easy to execute and your insurance company is generally willing to aid in the launching and maintaining of the benefit. Here are a few key components to make sure you include to assure that your program is a successful one:
1. Create and promote healthy office competitions.
2. Have bottled water and a water cooler easily accessible.
3. Provide discounts to local food and fitness establishments.
4. Make it easier to incorporate exercise.
5. Encourage employees to keep a supply of healthy foods on hand.
6. Discontinue low-quality snacks in vending machines.
7. Create a habit of standing while working.
The competition for acquiring talent is higher than ever and the new workforce is motivated by forward-thinking employers concerned about their well being. Flextime and telecommuting are listed among the top desires of younger generations. In addition, paternity leave, childcare, and workplace wellness programs are among the sought after benefits. Of those, the workplace wellness program is the lowest in cost and perhaps the highest in reward.