Delivery is available to Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown, Lorain, and the surrounding suburbs in Northeast, Ohio. Check our service area here.
- 50lb. Bag.
- High melt capacity
- Natural mineral sodium chloride (NaCl)
- Brand varies depending on availability
- Treat driveways, sidewalks, and especially steps.
- Effective in temperatures as low as 5 F.
- Provides traction for stuck vehicles or better yet- traction to prevent stuck cars!
- We deliver safety salt to your door and can place the bags in your desired storage area.
Directions for use
- Plow or shovel surface to remove accumulation.
- Spread 2-4 ounces per square yard using a cup, scoop, or spreader for easy application.
- Remove remaining slush.
- Apply more salt to areas covered with thicker ice.
- Keep in a dry, dark area
- Tightly seal after each use to avoid clumping
- Unopened bags can be saved until next season.
- Shelf life is approximately 2 years if stored properly.
How much does a 50lb bag of ice melt cover?
You should use about 3 ounces of salt per square yard. A 50# bag will cover about 1600 square feet.
What salt is best for melting ice?
Sodium Chloride is the most popular and cost-effective salt for melting ice.
Should you put ice melt down before it snows?
It is best to spread rock salt before it snows or after you shovel. It is meant to prevent precipitation from sticking to surfaces.
Watch this video to learn about Distillata, a family-owned and operated company in Cleveland, Oh. since 1897.